To understand the functionalities of IVR systems, you need to dig deeper. Put simply, it is a cloud-based business phone system that automatically reacts according to the pre-loaded instructions by providing self-service call menus to the inbound callers. Still, there are many things that you will get once you start using the IVR systems.
The callers do not have to wait in line to get their queries solved as they interact with these self-service menus instead. The process involves a verbal response from the callers or manual entrance of their responses by pressing the keys. By giving a response to certain questions, they are swiftly processed to the next step through call routing, which helps them obtain the required information or gives them the option to speak with a live agent – they have the choice. IVR technology easily connects the inbound callers to the concerned departments, allows them to check their account balance and make instant payments. In addition to this, it helps you to schedule/cancel appointments without any human intervention and empowers live agents to take appropriate action based on the previous interaction with the customers.
What are the benefits of IVR Systems?
- Your business can be operational 24/7: Your customers can be from anywhere, in different time zones. With budget constraints, hiring more agents for three shifts won’t be ideal for your business as of now. But thanks to IVR systems that never let a customer down. Your business can be available for them round the clock.
- Improves brand image: Scoring to studies, about 60% of the world-class brands are using IVR systems. And, those who are not using them either spending a ton on hiring human resources or failing to content their customers. IVR helps build a positive image of your brand, as you are always available to respond.
- Save the valuable time of your customers: According to recent studies conducted during the pandemic, 82% of the customers said that the company that values their time and offers a quick response, values them the most, and they would like to continue with that brand.
- Cost reduction: The average cost of an agent handling a call is $4, whereas with IVR it significantly comes down to a fraction, ranging in between 10 to 15 cents. You save a ton on call handling costs and largely enhance your capability.
- Less dependency, better service: These customers do not prefer to stay overly dependent on service providers. They are looking for a high level of self-service option to help themselves without having to wait. With IVR systems, you empower your customers to go their way, without any human intervention. Studies show that 43% of the customers would like to go with the self-service menu as opposed to getting support from the live agents.
Integrating the IVR systems doesn’t necessarily mean buying more time for your contact center agents so that they can invest their time in solving complex issues. By taking this step, you are also giving your customers the first priority by giving them what they want.
The benefits of having IVR systems also include:
- The rate of first call resolution sees a huge jump that eventually results in a huge decline in customer churn by 69%
- Customers all around the globe can expect a 24/7 immediate response that serves in your best interest
- Customers are no longer required to repeat the same things to multiple agents across various channels, as the omnichannel platform combines all the info altogether to give their desired service.
- The operating cost sees a gradual decline in the graph. According to recent studies, call centers can bring down their overall costs up to 40% within 3 months from the starting of integration.
- The billing process is simplified in every way and automation brings down the late payment to a minimum. Most of the customers prefer to make their payments independently.
Which is the best IVR Phone systems for small-scale businesses?
By keeping the basic functionalities and budget in mind, here is a list of the best contenders known for providing IVR Phone Systems to small-scale businesses.
The factors included are features for pricing, past customer reviews, peer applications, ease of use, and attentive technical support channels. The key factor to consider is the platform they use – its APIs vs, SaaS. And, the top six are:
What are the best practices to follow in order to get the best out of the IVR?
Even the most advanced systems won’t give you the results you want if the best practices are not followed.
Here are the best practices to follow:
- Try to keep the call menus as brief as possible
- Do make sure you set up alternative routing options, in case of unavailability of the agents
- Keep improvising the call menus/IVR scripts in order to make them relevant and up to date
- Allow your callers to speak with a live agent while interacting with IVR
- Bring in the auto callback feature on board to put an end to those long holding time
- Do make sure the pre-recorded voice messages are not noisy or unclear at all. They should have clarity and easy to understand
- Automate the reporting/analytics systems in order to get an effective evaluation of the performance of adhering call menus and channels involved in the customer service
- Integration of the third-party CRM tools for adding a more personalized touch to the end-user experience
Are there any additional features that can help Call Centers enhance their overall Customer CX?
In addition to having advanced IVR systems in place, you can also add some additional features to enhance your first call resolution rate and get the best out of your agent’s working hours.
These are as follows:
- Call Logic
- Call Whisper
- Ring groups
- Call Filtering
- Call Parking
- Live Call Tracking
- Call Waiting
- Voicemail Visualization
- Hot Desking
- Voicemail Routing
- Export Data
- Priority Call Notifications
- Analyze Metrics
- Call Hunting
- Group Routing
IVR system is an agile process that is making continuous improvements. As a result, new features are kept on adding more value to the call center industry. The best part of having an IVR system is, you don’t have to buy expensive equipment and save big on hiring those additional human resources for support. Put simply, you can ask a VoIP service provider to do all the settings and you can go live within minutes. What’s more, within a couple of minutes you will have a system in place that will interact with the callers. These systems are uniquely intended to help small-scale companies to go big without having to worry about budget constraints.
Are you a call center or a small-scale business that is looking to integrate the advanced version IVR system to help the support team? You couldn’t have found a better choice than VoIPTech Solutions. We offer you the latest IVR systems at a budget-friendly price. Our IVR system powered by AI helps your business build trust among the audience and improve your brand image. These IVR systems can be integrated with any call center software. Our paid plan starts at just $10 per month. For more info, call: +91-6746828203.