Have you ever heard about SIP services? And how a SIP service provider in India can provide a secure connection and transmit the information desired to send and receive. Because SIP trunking is the only technology that is growing in popularity among enterprises and channel partners. However, integrating SIP trunking into established SIP service providers in India can create network vulnerabilities if not done properly whereas it is not considered a vulnerability to network security.
However, some are still skeptical about the security of SIP trunking despite its widespread adoption and favorable projections. And those who have integrated this technology know SIP trunking not only transmits the information desired to send and receive but also is completely secure.
Some practices are listed below for the businesses and SIP Service Providers that follow to ensure their secure network:
- Manage and maintain software and firmware updates: However to find weaknesses in cloud-based software hackers and fraudsters will work tirelessly. And the word spreads quickly when a weak point in the network is discovered. As soon as they are recognized by the SIP trunking provider, consistent and timely software and firmware updates ensure that security vulnerabilities are patched. While updating customer retention management, unified communications, PBX, and any other software that runs on or accesses organizational networks is the only reason, it is critical to be vigilant. However, due to toll fraud failure to maintain current software and firmware versions is the single biggest contributor.
- Require complex passwords: Always remember that all that stands between the security of your data and a long line of hackers anxious to infiltrate your systems is a handful of alphanumeric characters. However, exhaustive brute-force attacks against high-level encryption are also more feasible as processors become more powerful. Until it gets it right, which often happens in a matter of seconds one of the most immediate security threats comes from crawlers, which use automated programs to attempt standard and default passwords in every password field. However, create policies that require complex passwords on all accounts – including desk phones and voicemail profiles only just to avoid a breach. Regularly changing passwords is also a wise decision. Security is only as good as its weakest link as any IT expert will tell you. Not as a result of SIP trunking-related issues, from improperly secured networks more often than not the horror stories told about VoIP and SIP vulnerabilities stem.
- Authenticate account access based on IP addresses: Unwanted intruders can be restricted by limiting the IP addresses authorized to access telephony resources after sufficiently securing your IP network. However, utilizing your calling and messaging resources will allow only the people within your network. Create and maintain a blacklist of IP addresses identified as potential threats if restricting access by IP address is not possible due to remote users logging in from dynamic IP addresses. And having a failed pre-set number of password attempts, Third-party or custom tools also can monitor log files and automatically block IP addresses.
- Only permit trusted SIP providers: However, for security threats, your PBX is a potential entry point and it needs to be locked down. And by adding them to an IP whitelist, firewalls should be set to only permit trusted SIP connections. To sensitive accounts, this will ensure unauthorized intruders are unable to connect.
- Understand your signaling and media: To the PSTN in two streams of disassociated information use a provider that sends signaling and media. Since the PSTN cannot be encrypted by obscuring the content from identification this adds additional security to outbound calls and voice data. They will only have numbers and IDs, not the audio if hackers intercept signaling at the provider level. However, to research SIP trunking providers and understand how they handle call transmission is very important. Considering various methods of call transmission and some may be a better fit depending on your organization’s needs. Taking an example into consideration, SIP plus SRTP is the most secure, especially to ensure the call will not touch the PSTN only if you need end-to-end encryption.
- Establish secure connections: Now on network availability, rapid cloud adoption and “bring-your-own-device” policies are placing greater demands. Unfortunately, on network security, this complexity in network availability also means greater potential risks. However, establish secure connection protocols like secure socket layers for access to your network from anywhere only just to secure the nimble connections of employees on the move.
However, you can gain control over the connection by setting up virtual private networks rather than broadcasting connection credentials over the public internet for fixed remote extensions such as home and satellite offices. So use a nonstandard SIP port to disguise the transmission and access point only if a dedicated connection is not feasible. SIP service providers in India are more than a question of securing SIP connections. And the entire network must be secured by keeping, SIP credentials and all other sensitive information out of the hands of fraudsters. However, including access to your PBX good network security is protection against all unauthorized access to your networks and resources. And you can feel confident that your organization can realize the benefits of SIP without worrying about the security of your business being the best SIP service providers in India with these practices in place.
We are one of the Best SIP Service Providers in India that offer customized cloud call center solutions with VoIP Phone Services to improve the efficiency of your agents & boost your business productivity. Switch to VoIP System, walk hand-in-hand with the future. Call: +91-7008220621. Our VoIP services come with an extensive range of features to meet your business requirements. Sign Up and get FREE $5 credit today! For more info, call: +91-8800221713.