“This number is not valid or the number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable…” As a business owner, these must be the least expected words you would wish to hear from your customers when they try to make a communication with your customer support team on a regular contact number. Don’t you? It often happens, when businesses change their location or change the service providers. Their current phone service might be a reason as well. In such circumstances, how do you make sure of the smooth functioning of your business? Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks to the local number portability or VoIP Number Porting facility of VoIP Phone Systems? So, what exactly is VoIP Number Porting?
What is VoIP number porting?
With VoIP Phone Service, you can retain your old number in case of change of location or switching to a new VoIP provider. You won’t have to print new business cards, update your contact details on the website, and the best thing is, your customers won’t have to face any kind of difficulties to reach you. For small scale industries, this is definitely a great news for its cost cutting features.
How does porting work with phone numbers?
- Speak to your VoIP service provider regarding this: Do make sure, your VoIP provider has numbers porting service. At VoIPTech Solutions — there’s no extra charges for number porting
- Make a proper roadmap: Don’t just cut away from your old service provider, make sure you wait till the number porting is done. You can also ask your new VoIP service provider to give you temporary phone numbers for call forwarding.
- Review Account Info: You need legal clearance from your old telecom provider before porting. Do make sure you have the correct account information obtained with ab LOA authorization. Review important account information such as; secret PINs, the social security numbers given at the time of connection, or EIN/tax identification to enjoy an uninterrupted service.
Things you need VoIP number porting
Following documents you may need to provide:
- You may need to submit the list of phone numbers in use that includes all the extensions you are currently using.
- Your old vendor details and account number
- You may need to submit a copy of your current phone bill to prove the ownership of your phone number
How long would it take to complete the porting process?
Number porting is a very simple process, especially with Indian VoIP Service Providers. The process might take a week or two, but you can still make inbound and outbound calls, using your current phone system. Your service wouldn’t get interrupted during the entire process.
Put simply, number porting these days is pretty easy; and you need it the most. In order to avoid fraudulent and abusing, all the requests need authentication. Thanks to the Indian VoIP Service providers, you no longer have to wait for months to port phone numbers. Avoid cheap service providers, rely only on reputed VoIP service providers, like VoIPTech Solutions, to make sure of a sophisticated, successful porting process.
If you don’t want to leave your customers in confusion and uncertainty, number porting can be a real help. It allows your business to stay connected with your target audience base, leaving a lasting impression on your brand. Number porting service of a reputed VoIP provider lets you save a ton on your monthly phone bills, just as aides in structure positive associations with present clients.
Now you must have understood how VoIP number porting is done and the ways it can benefit your business. So, what are you waiting for? Join your hands with the best Indian VoIP Service Providers & take your business to the next level. If you are a small or mid-sized business, looking for VoIP Providers that can provide you with number porting service and low cost VoIP Minutes? You couldn’t have a better choice than VoIPTech Solutions. We can port your number and retain the same number with different service providers that work with any smart device. With us you get international phone numbers over 165 countries. Our paid plan starts at $10 per month and goes up to $20 per month. Our VoIP services come with an extensive range of features to meet your business requirements. Sign Up and get FREE $5 credit today! For more info, call: +91-8800221713.