Businesses these days are more focused on providing a better customer experience 24/7. It not only helps them build a loyal customer base but contributes to ROI as well. According to recent studies, 94% of customers believe that a customer experience leads to brand loyalty and this is a fact. Businesses of all sizes are now making constant efforts to build a better rapport with their customers, by personalizing the communication process. Obviously, the sales and support teams have a bigger role to play in achieving the goal, and call center metrics help them achieve the end goals. What are these call center metrics?
You need to have a proper monitoring system in place in order to make sure that tour sales and support teams are doing a great job. with a number of metrics to measure, it can be an overwhelming task to get it right. This blog would definitely help you improve your customer service. Here is a list of Key Metrics & KPIs you need to consider to measure the performance of your Call Centre.
But before we jump into the depth, let’s first know about the metrics & KPIs.
what exactly are the call center metrics?
Metrics are a set of parameters that allow call center managers to track down their agents’ performance, so the call center’s as a whole. You can calculate these metrics on different levels that include individuals, teams, and enterprises.
What about the KPIs?
The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) help teams perform better. This eventually results in consistent improvement in work, enhances productivity, and ensures a great customer experience 24/7. The average waiting time, unanswered call rates, first call response (FCR), to name a few.
Call Center Metrics are as follows:
- The Average Waiting Time: The average waiting time for a customer to connect to a live agent. The much lower the waiting time, the better is the satisfaction rate. Higher waiting times can significantly increase the customer’s displeasure towards your brand that eventually results in a large chunk of customers leaving your brand for a better option.
Cloud-based telephony solutions are the ideal way to reduce your call waiting time. You can have virtual numbers for each agent that they can use to make & take calls on their personal devices. These calls can be tracked and recorded automatically for future analysis.
- The Average Rate of Calls Getting Abandon: Longer waiting period can end up in call abandonment. The average call abandonment rate lets you measure the call abandon percentage. This helps you single out things that lead to higher call abandon rates. You can train & equip your agents with the right tools to ensure a faster query solving approach.
- Average Time Taken To Handle Calls: The average time taken to solve an issue. It involves the call hold time, call transfers, and time is taken by the agents to solve customer queries. With cloud-based telephony, your agents don’t need to access customer data at all. They can use the virtual numbers provided by your VoIP service provider to send a system-initiated call request to any customer and connect automatically. You can make use of this real-time data, later on, to map the average handle time with the particular issue type.
- Call Repetition Rate: Issue solving is not a one-time process, sometimes it might take longer than it is expected. So, call repetition is normal. You can check out the ticketing history in order to find similar types of issues that are not resolved in the first attempt itself. This way you can know the right person for the issue and connect the calls to them only. You can have self-serve options for customers as well.
- The Occupancy Rate: This metric is measured by the number of times agents spend on call vs the time they are free. You can speed up the process so that the occupancy rate can be brought down to a minimum. Quick query solving abilities and technical knowledge can be a plus to your call center performance.
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): This measures the customers’ satisfaction with your products or services.
- Call Setup Success Rate (CSSR): This metric helps measure the success rate of calls getting connected. This way you can know the reason behind the call drops and customer displeasure.
- Calls Made by Individuals Per Day: This metric helps you determine the number of calls made by each individual per day and whether they are up to the mark or not. You can measure the daily or monthly goals of your call center and monitor the performance of each agent.
- The Closure Rate: It helps you determine the closing of particular deals.
- The Rate of Call Center Agents Turnover: If you are running a huge volume call center, then no one would better understand the value of employee retention. Agents leaving call centers are common these days, but you need to have a proper replacement for them as well. You must train new agents to tackle the callers with ease and yield better outcomes.
Well, to survive & grow in this highly competitive marketing landscape, you need your customers by your side. Most of the modern business phone services have already tested their success by providing a great user experience to their customers. So, why haven’t you capitalized on this technology yet? If not, then this is the best time to do it.
Are you a call center, looking for VoIP Providers that can integrate cloud telephony in the world? You couldn’t have a better choice than VoIPTech Solutions. We offer you a robust and fully functional AI-powered IVR system that works on any device. With us, you get international phone numbers in over 165 countries. Our paid plan starts at $10 per month and goes up to $20 per month.
Our VoIP services come with an extensive range of features to meet your business requirements. Sign Up and get FREE $5 credit today! For more info, call: +91-8800221713.