Have you ever thought about Cloud Telephony helping Remote Working Security Laps? And how Cloud Telephony eliminates time and money spent on the daily commute by reducing several business expenses? Well, YES? Because remote working helps the employees to work from home with great comfort since the pandemic struck. While organizations have been trying to ensure uninterrupted services, employees across the globe have been pulling their weight through remote operations. Isn’t it a great way to come over the situation?
So, just imagine how the security measurements can be fortified in Remote Working Security Laps? Below are some points listed to justify the same:
- Encourage the use of VPN: Do you know what exactly is a VPN and how can it help secure your remote network against cyber-attacks? Well, A Virtual Private Network for your network offers online privacy and anonymity. A public internet connection enables you to create a private network. And your employees may have to connect to public Wi-Fi networks in a remote working environment. However, the business-sensitive data transmitted remains encrypted with VPNs that prevents security breaches and data theft. Furthermore, across the globe VPN service providers maintain servers. And your activity is associated with a server when your IP address is masked which is not utilized by your device keeping your remote activity private. For instance, their online activities can be tracked easily when your team works over a public network which helps in cybersecurity.
- Consistently train employees about best practices: As per the report when it comes to preventing breaches and thefts across several industries awareness training and live tests are extremely effective. And your remote working setup is an important aspect of securing. As they work on the frontline your employees are highly vulnerable to cyberattacks. All your efforts may be down the drain if you have a state-of-the-art security system but your team members don’t know how to make the most of it. And apart from that, you must ensure that your data won’t be attacked for which your workforce is trained and aware of the various ways. During remote working, they should also be educated about basic security measures that are to be taken. So just take an example such as under any circumstances the employees should not leave their systems unlocked. And even with close family and friends, they should also not share their passwords and important credentials. However, to help them identify and safeguard their data from phishing attacks is also another important aspect of this training. And that invite clicks or malware attachments that automatically get downloaded into their devices, employees should be aware of those malicious links. From their devices, such emails and links should be deleted immediately. And over these links, your employees must not access and share any kind of confidential information.
- Maintain updated and patched devices: However, the networks are protocol compliant and updated to include the latest security measures which should be ensured by your IT support team. From malicious attacks, this protects your network. To identify security risks and work on them, patch management or maintaining updated and secure devices help your IT team a lot. Regarding any vulnerabilities and rectify them promptly, security patches help provide alerts. Isn’t it great? Let’s consider an example, the risk of cyberattacks increases in a remote setup as you are exposed to public networks especially if your system contains several documents and from your device, you have access to multiple websites and email accounts. And you can quickly identify these vulnerabilities or loopholes when you pay attention to patch management and updates and rectify them before your network falls prey to any malicious activities.
- Ensure protected access: Usually to keep your network safe from cyberattacks incorporate multi-factor authentication. And with two or more identity-driven credentials clearly define access to data and your devices. To use strong passwords that include numbers and special characters just encourages your employees and those passwords should not be easy to guess out. Furthermore, to access home networks, routers, and systems make it mandatory for them to change the passwords they use after regular intervals of time. Additionally, periodically you should place emphasis on the importance of software patches and updating systems. And tapping into devices working on a public network will help your team identify malware and prevent fraudsters. To accomplish their official duties your team will have access only to the information they need. With appropriate authentication, access should be established. Thereby securing your sensitive information, this kind of system will eliminate the chances of internal data misuse.
- Offer clear security guidance: Always keep in mind that every business sector has a unique way of communicating its security guidelines. However, you should let your employees know that business data is at greater risk in a virtual working setup. And while sharing files, information, or downloading links from the Internet just ask them to be cautious. These sources are checked for malware, viruses, or insecure protocols which is mandatory. And the users should be encouraged for contacting their system administrators or IT support in case they require clarifications. In case of any suspicious behavior, your employees must know that their activities will be closely monitored and tracked and that they may be accused of a security breach.
- Use the cloud for file management: For data management, organizations have widely begun to use the cloud and it is only because of a centralized repository of data. However, your workforce will be free to access information in a remote setup from anywhere across the globe. Moreover, without investing too much of your time and money in the process you will get to enjoy these benefits. And cost-effectively this provides you the added advantage of working on the latest technologies and safe infrastructure. Furthermore, you can easily transfer files when your data is on the cloud, can work on several documents at once, collaborate effectively with your colleagues, and securely share information with close tracking and monitoring of every movement. However, against any threats and malevolent activities improves your employees’ confidence in the organization, this boosts security and safeguards your sensitive data.
Although having one lingering challenge that it has to overcome is data security in spite of the fact that the remote work model offers the luxury of working from the comfort of home. And it is pivotal for your business to invest in state-of-the-art Remote Working Security Laps measures in place with numerous organizations losing important data to fraudsters and cyberattacks.
Being the pioneer in this industry, VoIPTech Solutions ensures a dynamic way of checking Cloud Telephony. We believe in providing the best Cloud Telephony at the most economical price. Or we can say that providing Cloud Telephony for customers at their home. For more info, please call: +91-8800221713. For more info, please visit our website: https://voiptechsolutions.in/.