Are you in search of a call center software for your small businesses? Does call center software for small businesses really matter for great productivity? Well, YES! Because for smooth running of your business you just need to predict and plan accordingly as the call volume usually fluctuates. Isn’t it? So balance it and to ensure customer satisfaction never ever suffers, just overtimes and skills is enough to showcase.
Basics of call center workforce management:
Generally, Workforce Management for your call center means four things:
- How many agents you need per shift as per your plan? Throughout the day or the week your call center doesn’t need the same number of agents. Based on expected call volume, you need to plan your agents’ shifts.
- Meet your service level targets. For yourself , your service level is a goal you define. Within a stipulated time it states what percentage of calls you will answer. Meeting those goals is simply meeting this service level. Or you can say that you don’t keep your callers waiting which is completely ensured.
- As per adherence, optimizing your workforce. To meet your target service levels you need to plan breaks and/or reschedule agents from other skills and shifts every day, depending on how many staff actually turn up for work.
- As per actual call volumes, just reschedule it. However, sometimes call volumes don’t match all your expectations. However, on real-time data and reorganize your workforce accordingly you need to reschedule your forecasts based.
However, to help you manage your workforce better your contact center software has many tools. But you may need to purchase a workforce management tool when complexity increases.
For managing workforce better, below are the 3 call center reports explained:
- To plan and forecast use call volume reports:
You need more agents when call volumes are high.However, you need fewer agents when call volumes are low. To forecast call volumes and plan shifts accordingly workforce management software uses your contact center data. Use your contact center reports if you don’t have workforce management software. View your call volumes per day, per week and per month go to the reports section. During certain hours use this data to recognize trends of higher call volumes and certain days. And accordingly then plan the number of agents per shift.
- Use real-time dashboards to ensure roster adherence.
Well, how will you know about adherence as you have created your agent rosters based on call volume ? And it can spoil your plans to meet expected call volumes when agents are absent or late in which real-time dashboards are the main key. However, to meet call volumes this doesn’t just help you “mark attendance”, it also gives you a head start on preparing.
- After your shift begins a best practice to follow is to check your dashboard just about 5 minutes. To roster your agents you can import the data into an excel sheet. If an agent is absent or is just late for work, team leads can call and confirm. However, reschedule agents from other skills, or make calls to agents from other shifts, and offer them overtime if your absenteeism is unusually high, or call volumes are higher that day.
- On service level adherence, real-time reports help keep a pulse.
Well, constant monitoring is needed by meeting service level goals which means that you still can’t relax even if all your staff does turn up for work. These extra minutes add up when you run a tight unit and must answer calls in seconds. To accommodate for the extra time you may need to reschedule your agents breaks. And you may need to get a floor supervisor, or agents from another skill or shift if you are still falling short of targets just to pitch in. However, on your real-time agent monitoring dashboard to keep an eye on your Service Level Targets monitor your call volumes, average handle times, call queues in real time.
Workforce Management Dashboard -Facts In Details!
And you have multiple skills such as Workforce Management Dashboard when your operations scale up that can help you stay on top of things giving you a real-time, overview of:
- Service level adherence in each skill
- How many agents are available in each skill.
- Call queue in each skill.
- Average Speeds of Answer in each skill.
Below are the 6 Advantages of a workforce management software integration listed:
Below are certain manual steps that can be automated with a workforce management software. Scroll down for some advantages:
- The WFM software scientifically schedules your agents which are based on call volumes . Scientific and quick forecasting
- Automatically, Adherence is calculated.
- On adherence quick re-calculation based. However, the WFM software quickly calculates the shortfall in agents which is based on actual adherence.
- To make up for the shortfall in agents or to handle unexpected high call volumes it automatically optimizes breaks.
- Places requests to agents and can convert estimated shortfalls in the next shift to overtime. It stops relaying the message when overtime is accepted.
- Through the dashboard agent requests can be placed to the supervisor. From email or verbal requests, this saves time usually wasted by supervisors manually updating data. By giving an overview of declined/accepted leave, it can be used to prevent understaffing.
Contact center software – Integrate your WFM!
However, real-time data is the most critical aspect of workforce management integration. Well, have you ever thought how real-time is the data that your contact center can give you WFM? And then your WFM is lagging that much in its predictions when the data is being pushed into the WFM only every 15 minutes. However, it gives your Workforce Management Software much higher authority which is almost real time.
Last but not least, for a smoothly functioning customer support setup Workforce management is really critical. To use our workforce management dashboard, we recommend contact centers with larger than 50 agents. Moreover, “smooth operator” is all you need.
We are one of the Best IVR Service providers in India that offer customized cloud call center solutions with call center software for small businesses to improve efficiency of your agents & boost your business productivity. Switch to VoIP System, walk hand-in-hand with the future. Call: +91-7008220621. Our VoIP services come with an extensive range of features to meet your business requirements. Sign Up and get FREE $5 credit today! For more info, call: +91-8800221713.