You will hardly find any business in the history books that have survived without its customers. Be it a product-based company or that deals with the service only or a mix of both, without customer care their survival will be in danger. That’s the reason, companies these days are more focused on providing a better customer experience 24/7. Why? Well, the reasons are obvious. It not only helps them build a loyal customer base but contributes to it as well. If you take a look into the recent studies conducted, 90% of customers believe that a good customer experience motivates them to become loyal to a certain brand for a longer period of time. Businesses of all sizes are now making constant efforts to build a better rapport with their customers, by personalizing the communication process. Obviously, the sales and support teams have a bigger role to play in achieving the goal, and call center metrics to help them achieve the end goals. How should one define these call center metrics? Would like to know? Read this article.
To make sure everything goes smoothly, you need to have a proper monitoring system in place. Controlling your sales and support efforts combined is not an easy task at all. With a number of metrics to measure, it can be an overwhelming task to get them as per your industry standard. Well, in that case, we can help you improve your bottom line. Now, let’s take a look at these Key Metrics & KPIs that can help you measure the performance of your Call Centre.
So, what is the definition for these call center metrics?
Metrics are a set of parameters that allow call center managers to track down their agents’ performance, so the call center’s as a whole. You can calculate these metrics on different levels that include individuals, teams, and enterprises.
How to define these KPIs?
The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) help teams perform better. This eventually results in consistent improvement in work, enhances productivity, and ensures a great customer experience 24/7. The average waiting time, unanswered call rates, first call response (FCR), to name a few.
Call Center Metrics are as follows:
- The Average Waiting Time: The average waiting time for a customer to connect to a live agent. The much lower the waiting time, the better is the satisfaction rate. Higher waiting times can significantly increase the customer’s displeasure towards your brand that eventually results in a large chunk of customers leaving your brand for a better option.
Cloud-based telephony solutions are the ideal way to reduce your call waiting time. You can have virtual numbers for each agent that they can use to make & take calls on their personal devices. These calls can be tracked and recorded automatically for future analysis.
- The Average Rate of Calls Getting Abandon: Longer waiting period can end up in call abandonment. The average call abandonment rate lets you measure the call abandon percentage. This helps you single out things that lead to higher call abandon rates. You can train & equip your agents with the right tools to ensure a faster query solving approach.
- Average Time Taken To Handle Calls: The average time taken to solve an issue. It involves the call hold time, call transfers, and time is taken by the agents to solve customer queries. With cloud-based telephony, your agents don’t need to access customer data at all. They can use the virtual numbers provided by your VoIP service provider to send a system-initiated call request to any customer and connect automatically. You can make use of this real-time data, later on, to map the average handle time with the particular issue type.
- Call Repetition Rate: Issue solving is not a one-time process, sometimes it might take longer than it is expected. So, call repetition is normal. You can check out the ticketing history in order to find similar types of issues that are not resolved in the first attempt itself. This way you can know the right person for the issue and connect the calls to them only. You can have self-serve options for customers as well.
- The Occupancy Rate: This metric is measured by the number of times agents spend on call vs the time they are free. You can speed up the process so that the occupancy rate can be brought down to a minimum. Quick query solving abilities and technical knowledge can be a plus to your call center performance.
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): This measures the customers’ satisfaction with your products or services.
- Call Setup Success Rate (CSSR): This metric helps measure the success rate of calls getting connected. This way you can know the reason behind the call drops and customer displeasure.
- Calls Made by Individuals Per Day: This metric helps you determine the number of calls made by each individual per day and whether they are up to the mark or not. You can measure the daily or monthly goals of your call center and monitor the performance of each agent.
- The Closure Rate: It helps you determine the closing of particular deals.
- The Rate of Call Center Agents Turnover: If you are running a huge volume call center, then no one would better understand the value of employee retention. Agents leaving call centers are common these days, but you need to have a proper replacement for them as well. You must train new agents to tackle the callers with ease and yield better outcomes.
The best part of having a call center of your own is, you don’t have to buy expensive equipment, save on monthly phone bills, take advantage of notable features, and last but not least you are not dependent anymore. So, very little inspection is required too. When you choose an Indian VoIP service provider, their specialists will complete a little overview. What’s more, within a couple of minutes you will have the capacity to solve your problem. It is uniquely intended to help new companies.
Are you a call center, looking for VoIP Providers that can integrate cloud telephony in the world? You couldn’t have a better choice than VoIPTech Solutions. We offer you a robust and fully functional AI-powered IVR system that works on any device. With us, you get international phone numbers in over 165 countries. Our paid plan starts at $10 per month and goes up to $20 per month. Our VoIP services come with an extensive range of features to meet your business requirements. Sign Up and get FREE $5 credit today! For more info, call: +91-6746828203.